Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day 12 of “Thirty posts in thirty days”...



Day 12 - something you are OCD about.

My necklace.

I had a necklace made shortly after Claire was born. It has a tiny handprint on it that is just about the same size as her perfect little hand was. The left hand because that is the one I held onto for the majority of my time spent with her.

I wear it every day... (with the exception of the 2 days in the last year that I forgot to put it on. I remember both days vividly. I remember how guilty I felt. I will not dwell on those days!)

As soon as I get dressed I put it on.
I play with it all day.
When I am stressed or upset I rub it.
I take it off every night before bed.
I kiss it.
I say,
“Good night Baby Girl. Mommy loves you.”
I put it on my bedside table in my jewelry bowl.

I wake up the next morning and repeat.

xo
 
Design by Small Bird Studios | All Rights Reserved